Wednesday, November 12, 2014
London. Sept 2014
Left SV Lumina nicely tied up in Dover, and we went by train to London.
It turned out to be a great visit of three days, so we had lots to do and to see… Some highlights:
· London Eye, wonderful views from high above
· The busy atmosphere in the City
· A visit to Greenwich, the Maritime Museum and Observatory, standing on the 0 Meridian.. a must for sailors
· Madamme Tussauds wax museum
· Fish and chips again
· London is expensive, we managed to stay in a very dodgy hotel of Liverpool street. Lucky it was only for one night.
· Change of the Royal Guard in front of Buckingham Palace
· A visit to the local pub with Gustavo, Simone’s son (friend of Dora).
· The amazing mix of modern arquitecture and centuries old buildings.
Time for us to return to Dover and on with our journey.